From the kitchen of Janet Cuddigan
Caramel Corn Treats
A tasty twist on Rice Krispie bars, these Halloween treats can be made in a snap (about 15 minutes of preparation time) and are sure to delight your little ghosts and goblins.
• 5 cups caramel corn
• 2 cups miniature pretzels
• 1 cup miniature cheddar cheese fish-shaped crackers
• 1-1/4 cups Reese's pieces, divided
• 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
• 1/4 cup butter, cubed
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, combine the caramel corn, pretzels, crackers and 1 cup Reese's pieces. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter; add vanilla and stir until smooth.
Pour over pretzel mixture; stir until well coated.
Press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Sprinkle with remaining Reese's pieces; press lightly. Let stand until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
(Originally published as Caramel Corn Treats in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010, p14.)