Applying for Social Security disability benefits (SSDI) is not easy. You must prove that you have a disability and that the disability is severe enough to prevent you from doing any type of full-time work. Simply filling out an application is not enough to get you the benefits you need. Here are six tips from our Omaha SSDI lawyer that can help you support your claim for disability benefits, regardless of what type of disability you have.
6 Great Tips From Our Omaha SSDI Lawyer
- Mention all of your health problems in your application disability report, not just your main disability. When evaluating your case, the Social Security Administration (SSA) must consider all your medical conditions. Make sure that you have medical records documenting each of your conditions. Include the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all doctors and all hospitals that have treated you.
- Be honest about your symptoms. When you are asked about your daily activities, describe how well you can manage everyday tasks on a "bad" day. If you are not "fine," don't say you are "fine." Give as much detail as possible.
- Follow your doctor’s treatment plan. The SSA puts a lot of weight on your treatment records. See your doctor regularly, and tell your doctor about your symptoms at each visit. See a specialist if one is recommended for you, and take any medications that you are prescribed.
- Tell your doctor that you are applying for disability benefits. Fill out any necessary release of information forms ahead of time, so your doctors can promptly respond to requests for information.
- If you are denied SSDI in Nebraska, appeal the decision as soon as possible. Your appeal must be filed within 60 days of the date on the denial letter. You can file your appeal in person, by telephone, or we can appeal on your behalf.
- Hire an Omaha SSDI lawyer to represent you in the appeal process. An experienced Omaha SSDI lawyer will be able to help you appeal your denial. To learn more, contact Cuddigan Law at 402-933-5405, for a free evaluation.
Contact the SSDI Disability Attorneys at Cuddigan Law
If you need assistance filling out your paperwork or filing your claim, our Omaha SSDI lawyer is here and ready to help you put together a winning application. Call our social security disability law firm or contact us online to get started on your application today!