From the kitchen of Janet Cuddigan
Macaroon Ice Cream Torte
In the summertime it’s just too darn hot to turn on the oven, so try this tasty frozen treat instead.
- 30 chocolate or plain macaroon cookies, crumbled
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits or 4 (1.4-ounce) Heath candy bars, coarsely chopped
- Hot fudge topping, warmed
Sprinkle a third of the cookies into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Layer with 2 cups coffee ice cream, another third of the cookies, 2 cups chocolate ice cream and 1/2 cup toffee bits; repeat layers.
Freeze, covered, until firm. May be frozen up to 2 months. Remove torte from freezer 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with fudge topping. Yield: 16 servings.
(Originally published in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p6.)