Yes. If your doctor seems to be reluctant—or outright refuses—to help you in the process of filing a Social Security disability claim, it may be in your best interests to discuss the matter with a Bellevue disability attorney as soon as possible.
There’s a wide spectrum of reasons a doctor may not want to help a patient file a disability claim. Some of those objections are very workable; others aren’t.
A skilled disability attorney:
- Will contact your doctor personally to discuss any objections, questions, or concerns your doctor may have about the disability claim process.
- Has heard just about every objection a doctor can offer.
- Possesses the knowledge needed to effectively respond to questions, concerns, and objections.
- Can discuss objections with your doctor in a calm and professional manner.
- Will be able to determine if your doctor can be persuaded to help you in spite of his initial reluctance.
- Can advise you on appropriate steps to take if your doctor’s objections can’t be overcome.
If you’re ready to apply for Social Security disability, get a no-cost evaluation from a knowledgeable Bellevue disability benefits attorney before you file. Call our offices at 402-933-5405 or email us at [email protected] Be sure to request a copy of our free report, Give Yourself the Best Chance of Winning Your Social Security Disability Case.