It is possible to receive a benefit known as Disabled Adult Child benefits if you prove your disability started prior to age 22, your are unmarried, and your parent is deceased or your parent is receiving Social Security disability or retirement benefits. An individual under age 18 or 19 years of age and still attending secondary school, can receive survivor benefits if a parent is deceased and paid enough Social Security taxes.

Sean D. Cuddigan
Connect with me
SSA and VA Disability Attorney in Omaha, Nebraska