It’s not uncommon for clients to come to us feeling completely overwhelmed by all the things they can’t predict or control in the Fremont disability claim process. It’s true. You can’t speed up the process, nor can you handpick the Administrative Law Judge that will make the determination on your case.
However, there are some basic things you can do to give a good impression and help your hearing go smoother.
- Don’t downplay or exaggerate your reliance on medications or medical aids. The day of your hearing, take your prescription medications and use medical devices as usual.
- Know when and where the hearing is in advance. Arrive early to get into the proper mindset.
- Be honest and respectful. Avoid inappropriate humor and don’t make comments about your hearing or the staff while you are still in the building or parking lot; you could be overheard and misunderstood.
- If you are working with a Fremont disability attorney, inquire about how to dress. In many cases, causal clothing that isn’t sloppy—like what you’d wear to a doctor’s appointment—is most appropriate.
- Forgo prominent jewelry, makeup, aftershave and perfume.
- Turn off your phone before entering the hearing office.
- Hire an attorney as part of the hearing preparation process.The attorney will have a detailed understanding of how the system works.
Do you need to know more about appealing disability benefits in Fremont? The experienced team at Cuddigan Law may be able to help. Call 402-933-5405 or email [email protected]. Be sure to ask for a FREE copy of our informative report, Give Yourself the Best Chance of Winning Your Social Security Disability Case.