St. Patrick’s Day is coming and it’s a chance for everyone to be Irish—even if it is just for one day. I think your family will love my family’s favorite traditional Irish dish—Corned Beef and Cabbage. (And you’ll love how easy it is to make in your Crockpot.) Erin go Bragh!
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10 baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 four pound beef brisket with spice packet
- 6 ounces beer
- ½ head of cabbage, coarsely chopped
Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the Crockpot on High.
Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.