Yes, you may bring your spouse, another family member or a friend to your appeal hearing. Many of our clients have told us that having the support of a loved one at the hearing was very important for them.
You’ll want to remember:
- If you’re working with a Fremont disability attorney, talk to him as soon as possible about bringing a guest. It’s possible that your attorney will want to meet with your husband beforehand.
- Your hearing will be in Omaha at the hearing office.
- We typically do not ask your guest to testify.
- Your husband shouldn’t intervene during your testimony, even if you can’t remember something or become confused. Your answers must be your own.
- Any guest should also understand how to make the best possible impression on hearing day with regards to appropriate dress and behavior on the facility grounds.
- It may be necessary to step back, look at the situation honestly, and make some hard decisions. If you have any doubts about bringing a loved one to your appeal hearing, it may be better to choose someone else or just attend with your legal representation.
A skilled Fremont disability lawyer can serve you in the Social Security disability benefits claim process as a trusted advocate. Contact Cuddigan Law at 402-933-5405 or [email protected] today to request a no-cost evaluation. Also, order our free report: Give Yourself the Best Chance of Winning Your Social Security Disability Case.